Why Professionally Study Somatic Experiencing (SE)?
- Transforming lives through healing trauma.
- Support trauma resolution and resilience through culturally responsive professional education, training, research, and outreach in diverse global communities.
- Trauma is a fact of life. It does not, however, have to be a life sentence. That is a guiding principle of Somatic Experiencing® International (SEI). Education and training to those who can help heal people with trauma, hope to those living with trauma, and awareness of trauma to related professional communities and the general public. We “help the helpers”—those directly involved with people experiencing trauma—by training them in the practice of Somatic Experiencing (SE™).
- SE is a body-oriented therapeutic model applied in multiple professions and professional settings—psychotherapy, medicine, coaching, teaching, and physical therapy. Trauma impacts physical health, mental health, learning,education, and multiple aspects of an individual’s life. Rates of trauma exposure can be as high as 60% in the general population.
- We also help those in related professions recognize and understand secondary trauma, an umbrella term for the trauma that results from repeated compassionate engagement with traumatized populations. Our
decades-long experience in helping people heal from trauma can help institutions and communities of professionals who may experience secondary trauma.
- Psychotherapists, bodyworkers, coaches, teachers, physical therapists, occupational therapists, acupuncturists, yoga instructors, art therapists,nurses and other medical professionals.
Where Can I Learn More?
- For the training calendar, curriculum visit https://traumahealing.org/training/
- For an interview of SE founder, Dr Peter Levine about working with Stress and Healing Trauma view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSn-Cs2vfI